Monday, February 17, 2014

Celebrate the Babes! Stretching my deadline for baking Rgaif from the Bread Baking Babes!

Blame it on the non-existing winterdays here in the Netherlands but I completely missed that our posting date was this weekend. It didn't help that I was partnered to throw a birthday party for my sister's oldest boy this weekend as well, O...my...gosh... the noise 6 over-excited 5yr olds make.... I really needed my husband to remind me that some time ago our boys had been 5 as well but still I can't believe they were that loud!

Sunday was spent nestled in the couch, baking a couple of loaves, handquilting a bit, drinking a cup of tea, watching the Olympics not for one moment realising that after 15 comes 16 and my post was due!

The Babes are celebrating their 6th birthday!! No really! We make noise as well, making waves and baking bread for 6 years now. We also welcome two new Babes to the block! So happy to announce that we found Aparna from My Diverse Kitchen to join us, and also Cathy from Bread Experience.
Welcome girls! 

Then our bread for this month is Rgaïf, chosen by Lien of Notitie van Lien.
That girl knows how to scare a Babe! This is a flat bread that needs stretching and stretching and then some more.... until you get a very thin sheet of dough that is then folded and baked in a skillet on the stove.

I can make dough, I stretch, I fold and I'm not afraid to use the stove... but that thin!! Seriously? I crumbled and read all I could to help me get through this but in the end I procrastrinating out of sheer fear pushed me over the deadline and I didn't make it. Yet.

However... Howwwww Evaaah... There is a pot of pumpkin-rutabaga soup on the counter for tonight and I figure this bread is the perfect companion. So yes, I will do it. Today!!

For the recipe and the information on how to be a Buddy please head over to Lien at Lien's Notes. She will provide you with everything you need to know and offer encouragement that yes, it can be done!
This is what she says:

Bread Baking Buddy, be a Buddy and let us know all about it, by sending your details and results to Lien (as she is kitchen of the month this time). Mail her your name, blog url, post url and attach your favorite picture of the recipe. Send it to notitievanlien(at)gmail(polkadot)com. Deadline is the 29th of this month.


2 comments:

  1. Fear not! Just forget about the cautionary notes about avoiding holes when stretching the dough. Letting the dough rest for about 20 minutes after kneading and dividing it it may also help.

    Mmmmm, rgaif with pumpkin rutabaga soup sounds fabulous! I can't wait to see your bread.

    Happy anniversary!!

    (I'm so envious of your non-existing winter days! Last night it snowed here. Again.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. You see what too much snow does? It causes bad grammar (typos too - I just typed "grabbar" and managed to notice it)

    Have fun stretching!! And really, it is indeed way easier than the recipe says it is. Besides. You're a BBBabe. BBBabes are fearless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate and enjoy reading all your comments! If you have any questions feel free to email me.